1. Get dressed every day of the week. Okay, 5 days out of 7. Fine, 4 days. NB: Pants with coat covering pajama top and hat covering head does not count as getting dressed.
2. Speak to people who are not my children or my children’s teachers at least three times a week.
3. Do not live inside my head so much so that said people can actually speak to me.
4. Do not turn every incident into opening scene of a story. See note no. 3.
5. Remember that children need to eat on a regular basis.
6. Remember that children should be picked up on time from school, otherwise kids gets ushered into office and exasperated staff from school call with snarky voice.
7. Periodically leave the house for something other than driving children and buying food. ie. Go for walk, or do yoga, or have lunch with a friend. See note 3 and 4.
8. This is the most important. It will help when New Year’s Resolutions are not kept:
Remember the power of introverts.
9. When have broken all resolutions and am proudly basking in power of introverts, must remember am not hermit or will become stinky crazy cat lady. Already one cat lurks by my windows and door meowing to get in. He has even snuck into house and helped himself to my wine (I caught him with his paw inside my glass). Repeat: Am not hermit.
Happy New Year!
How about you: any resolutions this year?